Last Updated March 31, 2021
- Offline business interactions you have with us.
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, emails, and offline business interactions as the “Services.”
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our Services and may include:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address)
Collection of Personal Information
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you and providing you with related service;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request other information about our Services; and
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials.
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products and other news about the Company.
We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information. We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For managing our business, including administration on behalf of our shareholders and investors;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying our current products and services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or based on our legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information:
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- This may include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate. These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is important.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Other Information such as:
- Browser and device information;
- Information collected through cookies and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity; and
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt out or unsubscribe from receiving marketing-related emails from us by using the instructions found in our marketing related emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
How you can access, change, or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to access, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete Personal Information, object to or opt out of the processing of Personal Information, or if you would like to request to receive a copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Services.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 16.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
Additional information regarding the European Economic Area (EEA): Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Unless we specifically request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., government-issued ID numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics or criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EEA
You may lodge a complaint with an EU/EEA data protection authority for your country or region where you have your habitual residence or place of work or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of data protection authorities is available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
Last Updated March 8, 2021
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), SB Energy and certain of its affiliates (the “Company,” “we” or “us”) are providing the following details regarding the categories of Personal Information that we collect, use and disclose about California residents. This CCPA Notice does not apply to our job applicants, employees, contractors, owners, directors, or officers where the Personal Information we collect about those individuals relates to their current, former, or potential role at the Company. Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information from:
- Our interactions with you, such as when you contact us via a webform or on the phone, sign up for a newsletter, purchase a product or service, or attend one of our events; and
- Our affiliates and publicly available online sources.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AND DISCLOSED
The following chart details which categories of Personal Information about California residents we may collect, as well as which categories of Personal Information we have collected and disclosed for our operational business purposes in the preceding 12 months and beyond.
|Categories of Personal Information||Disclosed to Which Categories of Third Parties for Operational Business Purposes|
|Identifiers, such as name, contact information, IP address, and other online identifiers||Our affiliated entities and trusted third-party service providers, who provide us with support including research and data analysis, payment processing, website administration and hosting, information technology, and professional advisers.|
|Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name and contact information||Our affiliated entities and trusted third-party service providers, who provide us with support including research and data analysis, payment processing, website administration and hosting, information technology, and professional advisers.|
|Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website||Our affiliated entities and trusted third-party service providers, who provide us with support including research and data analysis, payment processing, website administration and hosting, information technology, and professional advisers.|
|Geolocation data, such as approximate location derived from IP address|
|Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as call and video recordings|
|Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer|
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use these categories of Personal Information for the purposes of operating, managing, and maintaining our business, providing our products and services, and accomplishing our business purposes and objectives, including using Personal Information to:
- Fulfill your requests and respond to your inquiries;
- Develop, improve, repair, and maintain our products and services;
- Personalize, advertise, and market our products and services;
- Conduct research, analytics, and data analysis;
- Maintain our property and our records, and undertake quality and safety assurance measures;
- Conduct risk and security control and monitoring, and detect and prevent fraud;
- Perform identity verification, accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations and record-keeping;
- Carry out corporate transactions, such as mergers, joint ventures or acquisitions; and
- Comply with law, legal process, and internal policies, and exercise and defend legal claims.
Under the CCPA, if a business sells Personal Information, it must allow California residents to opt out of the sale of their Personal Information. However, we do not sell and have not sold Personal Information, as “sale” is defined in the CCPA.
INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS AND REQUESTS
If you are a California resident, you may request that we:
- Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting (if applicable) Personal Information about you; and
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such Personal Information (if applicable).
- Delete Personal Information we collected from you.
To make a request for the disclosures or deletion described above, please contact us at email@example.com. We will verify and respond to your request consistent with applicable law, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information subject to the request. We may need to request additional Personal Information from you, such as mailing address, telephone number and/or email address, in order to verify your identity and protect against fraudulent requests. If you maintain a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account and require you to re-authenticate yourself before disclosing or deleting your Personal Information. If you make a deletion request, we may ask you to verify your request before we delete your Personal Information.
If you want to make a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a California resident, you may use the submission methods noted above. As part of our verification process, we may request that you provide, as applicable, proof concerning your status as an authorized agent, which also may include:
- Proof of your registration with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California; and/or
- A power of attorney from the California resident pursuant to Probate Code sections 4121-4130.
If you are making a request on behalf of a California resident and have not provided us with a power of attorney from the resident pursuant to Probate Code sections 4121-4130, we may also require the resident to:
- Verify the resident’s own identity directly with us; or
- Directly confirm with us that the resident provided you permission to submit the request.
CHANGES TO THIS CCPA NOTICE
We may change or update this CCPA Notice from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised CCPA Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.
If you have any questions regarding this CCPA Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.